🐾 Maybe the reason I love animals so much, is because the only time they have broken my heart is when theirs has stopped beating.

Friday 22 January 2021

This is home

 

My gardening shoes - Home

Normally I just do my gardening in my flip-flops, (it’s not as if I’m doing major landscaping! I’ll show you the size of my garden and you will understand) but last week I decided to put on my hardly-ever-used gardening shoes as I was going to be carrying some VERY heavy paving slabs, wouldn’t want to drop those on my toes! From previous experience I’ve learnt not to just put my feet into ANY shoes without checking what’s inside, and as I turned them over, out fell Mister (or Mrs) Frog.

No sweat, she hurriedly scurried into the garden and as far as I was concerned, that was that.

Snugly inside the shoe

The next morning at about 4.30am, I was having my first cup of coffee, a frog hopped onto the patio and started heading for the corner where I kept my gardening shoes. I watched in fascination as she clambered up one shoe and disappeared inside. I couldn’t resist taking a peek and there she was, nicely nestled right in the toe section.

Mrs Frog on her way back to the shoe, i.e. Home

So for the past week I’ve managed to catch her leaving home at dusk to go food shopping (we have a garden light on at night, perfect for hunting frogs, bats and geckos) and for a few mornings now, I’ve watched her return, settling snugly into the shoe.

Doesn’t Nature just constantly amaze?! I never knew that frogs would return “home” every morning, just goes to show, you’re never too old to learn!

::


6 comments:

  1. That is fascinating. All I ever find is spiders.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I do find those too John, especially the huge, unknown coastal species! Sorry about the late reply, Blogger has been amiss in advising me of comments.

      Delete
  2. Love the frogs ... evening the shoes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are always welcome here Kathryn, the frogs I mean, not the shoes! He he!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. That she certainly is Daisy! Sorry for the late reply!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...