The sun begins to come up, and the first rays of light begin to shine upon this fresh day.
What do you do with this time?
The most important thing.
If you have a project you want to happen (let’s say you want to write a book), this is the time to form a habit that will make that project happen. A morning writing habit will get the book done. Simply wishing for the book to get written, or saying you’ll do it “someday,” doesn’t make it happen.
If it’s important, you’ll make a morning habit of it:
- If you want to lose weight, create a morning walking habit. Or morning strength training. Or a healthy breakfast with fruits and veggies.
- If you want to start a new business, create a morning session where you work on it every morning.
- If you want to become more mindful during your day, create a morning meditation habit.
- If you want to work on your relationship with your spouse, have a morning habit of talking about your relationship over coffee.
- If you want to journal, make it a morning habit.
There are great habits you can create in the afternoons and evenings too, but I recommend trying a morning habit if you have something important you want to get done.
Make it a habit, and do it first.